Northwest Ring of Fire Newsletter
January is the month for
inaugurations, and our club was no exception. The new
cabinet consist of :
President (Commander in Chief ) - Philemon, firstname.lastname@example.org
First V.P. (and still serving as Librarian) - Jeff Dial, email@example.com
Second V.P. - Joe Rehaume, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Roger Needham, email@example.com
Secretary - Dan Staple, firstname.lastname@example.org
and January’s unofficial/acting “unarmed” sergeant of arms - Mimi Meyers,
Christmas Party ~ Held at Legion Park Hall, January 9th complete with dinner, gift exchange, and a great show. Truly a magical evening of entertainment, even snow!
· Keith VanKirk & Co. provided the culinary delights of the evening!
· Bruce opened the show with his Rice Bowl ~ as if there wasn’t enough food already….
· Jack Turk our MC began with his pet skunk his act didn’t stink though…
· Aaron Wheeler had one for the Birds…
· Installation of The Officers, and Philemon's first announcements.
· Shawn O'Donnell gave a real hair raising polygraph demonstration…
· Bruce Meyers presented the President’s Award to Don Bloomer
· Philemon Santa’s evil twin. . .
· Vaclav while his performance was good it was still rated “below ‘sea’ level”…
· Kirk Charles presented the Pomeroy Award to Aaron Wheeler
· Payne this involved dragons but didn’t seem to “drag on” too long…
· Kirk Charles presented the Magician of The Year Award to Brian Cook
· Jeff McLeod fast paced, and like his yo yo, he’s welcome back again & again…
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Smoke & Mirrors will be held this year at the Everett, P.U.D. Auditorium, on Saturday, April 2nd. There will be 2 show times: 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Our club is partnering with, Burned Children Recovery Fund (as benefactor/charity) for the event.
We still need plenty of help with this production. If you can help out in any way on April 2nd, please contact Brian Cook (show chairman) by phone at (425) 418-2255, or
e-mailing him at email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> .
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
January 13th Meeting Our new president, Philemon, kicked off the first monthly meeting with a “Best Card Trick” contest. The contestants were:
Pete Boroughs Evan West Aaron Wheeler Dick Ptacek
Bruce Gandal Tom Franks Lance Cambell
After the ballots of all present were counted (once) . . . The winner was Bruce Gandal, who won free registration to the March 12th “Daryl workshop” (a $50.00 value). Congratulations to Bruce!
Other non-competing card trick performers, of the evening were: Hillary Dial, Don Bloomer, Jeff Dial, and Payne.
# # # # # # #
Lynnwood Christmas Tree Lighting Event 2004, We owe a big “THANK YOU!” to all who helped. These performers allow our club a rent-free meeting room.
o o o o o o o o o
Lectures - Don Bloomer wants to remind us of upcoming lectures:
Ron Bell - Feb. 4th 7:00 pm at the Edmonds P.U.D. auditorium. This is free to current members and $20.00 for all others.
Banachek - Feb. 19th 2:00 pm at the Edmonds
Daryl - March 12th at the P.U.D.
auditorium. To register for the 2 hour workshop prior to the lecture,
contact Roger Needham at
* * * See: accompanying flyers * * *
will be: February
7:00pm, at the Blue
Ridge Fire Station,